One of my most popular recipes on the blog is this white chicken chili from a few years back. I haven’t made it in a really long time, but as I was looking through old posts, I came upon it and remembered how much I loved it! Today, I’ve got Instant Pot White Chicken Chili recipe to share with you.
I know some people don’t get the appeal of the Instant Pot, but it has truly become my favorite appliance in the kitchen. I love that I can get home at 5 with no plans for dinner and have dinner ready within the hour with minimal prep ans hands on time. I can even use frozen chicken breasts. This is perfect for me because I sometimes get pretty caught up at work and will get home with no plan for dinner. The IP has made life a lot easier!
I have been working on adapting all of my favorite slow cooker recipes lately. No joke, I haven’t pulled out my slow cooker since I got my Instant Pot. So, if you don’t have one, try to snag one this holiday season!
And, no, this is not sponsored post for the Instant Pot. I’m just a fan and you guys know I’m all about finding ways to get delicious and nutritious dinners on the table as quickly and as easily as possible. But, if you don’t have one and want to make this chili, fear not, you can also make it in your slow cooker. I’ve provided the directions for both below.
This recipe couldn’t be easier. I just toss in some sliced chicken breasts, beans, corn, broth, and a bunch of seasonings and I’ve got dinner ready in a snap! I used navy beans, but if you want to try other beans like cannelini or pinto beans, that is just fine too!
I cook the chili for 15 minutes. This may seem like a long time in the IP for diced chicken breasts, but I have never felt the chicken was dry. It comes out nice and tender. If you are worried or make it and feel your chicken is too dry, you can subtract a few minutes and see if that’s any better.
INSTANT POT WHITE CHICKEN CHILI
yield: 4-6 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 15 MINUTES (INSTANT POT)
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved lengthwise
- 2 (15-ounce) cans white navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) canned corn, drained
- 1 (4-ounce) can, diced green chiles, drained
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth (can add more if desired)
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- shredded cheese, avocado, sour cream, cilantro for topping
Instant Pot Directions:
- Place the chicken breasts into the pressure cooker. Pour in the beans, corn, chiles, and the broth. Then stir in the seasonings. Cover with the lid and set valve to sealing position. Cook on poultry setting for 15 minutes followed by a quick pressure release. Shred the chicken with a fork and serve with desired toppings. Can add additional seasonings if desired.
Slow Cooker Directions:
- Place the chicken breasts into the slow cooker. Pour in the beans, corn, chiles, and broth. Stir in the seasonings and cover. Cook on low for 3 1/2 hours or high for 1 1/2 hours. Shred the chicken with a fork. Serve with desired toppings. Can add additional seasonings if desired.